Forum:Reorganização de todo o Uncycs: Episódio: Deixando Carlb
|Fórum da Desciclopédia|
Boteco > Reorganização de todo o Uncycs: Episódio: Deixando Carlb
|quinta-feira, 25/02/2021, 11h34min
Mais de 30 dias desde a última edição
Hello I am a user of Uncyclopedia. Portuguese is not a first language to me so sorry. I think it is time to consider leaving UncycloMedia which is Carlb.
The reasoning is the following:
- The servers have many many downtime especially compared to Miraheze and Uncyclopedia.co where some other languages move to after Wikia closed down.
- The support from Carlb can take a very long time and Portugese community make very clear complaints of this.
- The Carlb servers often have many technical problems that are not present elsewhere.
- Outdated MediaWiki installs with other projects frequently updated.
- No SSL support on some UncycloMedia servers.
- Difficult to manage some aspects of a wiki without Carlb intervene such as Abuse Filter.
I know a lot of Uncyclopedia use Carlb but I dont think its a good option any longer. I think projects should choose one of the following and work to make the move:
- Shout Wiki
- Independent Hosting
Here are the brief comparisons to help you choose the right place.
|current Uncycs||Italian, Polish, Chinese, etc.||The English Uncyc/Illogico||Russian, Two of the Germans, etc.||None||Many|
|CentralAuth||Yes||No||No||Something alike, but not exactly||No|
|Local AbuseFilter||Yes||Yes||Depends||Yes||Yes, but blocking is not allowed|
|Common Image repository||Yes (Miraheze commons)||No (or not working)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Instant Commons (images from Wikimedia Commons)||Yes||Yes||Depends||Yes||Yes|
|Errors||few||few||Depends, but generally likely||Few||often|
|Tech-Supports||fast||not too slow||Depends||not too slow||very slow|
|Easy management of Extensions, Namespaces, Logos, and Permissions by local crats (Special:ManageWiki)||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Custom domain names (example.org instead of example.wikia.com or example.miraheze.org)||Yes||Unknown||Yes||No||Yes (various .org's already registered)|
|Downloadable XML and image dumps||On manual request||No||On manual request (for example database dump from Polish community)||On manual request||Yes (download.uncyc.org)|
|License||Choosable by the locals||Needs sysadmins help
Uncyc is CC-BY-NC-SA
|Depends||CC-BY-SA||CC-BY-NC-SA (bjaodn.org is GFDL)|
- E parece que a discussão já começou há décadas. Smalkade • ctrbs • sndbx • 7 594 • 08h12min de 1 de agosto de 2019 (-03)
If you wanna change the host, just go for it yourselves. We have no interest in leaving Carlb. I don't know what you mean by "Portuguese community". Most of our users, probably more than 99%, are Brazilian. Agome89 SADoi 12h13min de 3 de agosto de 2019 (-03)
Leave Carlb? You serious? Nah, you can't be that serious.